Now is the perfect moment to join us!
ODC is currently going through a significant transformation from a traditional wholesale company
to a business concept that revolves entirely around distribution and digitization. With a history of
trading goods across the world since 1946, we embrace every opportunity to push the boundaries
where others may not. Now is the time to anchor this attitude more firmly in our brands and to
show the world what ODC stands for. This position offers the rare opportunity to further develop
your commercial and strategic knowledge working for a global player.
The responsibilities that come with the job
In this combined buyer and supply planning role you will be responsible for :
- Monitoring inventory, BBD ́s and placing orders to replenish stock
- Updating all records of purchased products
- Creating reports on stocks, depletions and supplier performance
- Liaising with suppliers, customer service and warehouse team to ensure goods are received
- seek out ways to improve the inbound supply chain process, in close consultation with the
logistics department (speed up delivery times, guaranteeing on-time delivery from
- claims management
- Organizing meetings with suppliers to negotiate best contracts and build close cooperation
- Implementation of an annual marketing plan with suppliers & customers and development
of successful marketing projects to key retail partners
- Communication and coordination between suppliers and ODC sales team
- Analysis of existing purchasing processes on performance and internal KPI ́s
- Attending shows & exhibitions to network with suppliers and view new products.
- Building and maintaining a network of professional contacts in order to discover new
The profile of our ideal candidate
To fit within the Overseas culture we expect all our employees to work according to the following
professional values :
Show Mutual Respect – Aim for long term & sustainable relations – Seek for Improvements – Be
Transparent – Contribute to a pleasant working environment
For this specific role you should also tick several of the following boxes
- University or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in an economic or logistics area
- Knowledge of logistics & inventory management
- Team player
- Fluent in English
- Familiar with purchase and forecasting software (Slim Stock)
- Great interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Analytical skills
What do we offer?
- Working in an interesting global industry and a financially solid organization
- Flexibility, fast decisions and flat hierarchies
- Variety in tasks, a broad scope & interesting projects
- Potential to take over more responsibilities
- Attractive salary model with interesting fringe benefits (e.g. products, office events,..)
- Free daily meal & drinks
Working for Overseas can be compared to a roller coaster ride where you determine the course.
Our goal is to increase turnover tenfold in 10 years. To achieve this, we are not only investing in
new IT & logistics systems but also in new top talents like you! Let’s start your journey !
Please send your motivation and resume to IVanbouchaute@overseas.be